Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23rds run! wow

I bought Darin and I a bike pass for the famous Kingdom Trails in our own back yard.  Its quickly being called the best biking area so lots of traffic on the runs at times.  We wanted to start off easy so we got up on The Loop on darling hill rd here in lyndonville.  We found where to park and took off after some confusion of where to go.

 It was a kick butt trail- I had to walk 1-2 hills that I did not see coming.  Then the trail was closed off so we went onto Bemis south then we were SHOCKED!!  We came upon this spot we both kick ourselves for not   taking a picture of this huge boulder that led to a HUGE hill down to a large gulley and back up the other side- WOW scary went down it but walked up the other side for sure. lol   Darin took this shot of us through the woods - def not as pretty a shot as that gully would have been!

The funny thing is I have to wear my hose for my knee and it collected all kinds of mud, dirt, and blood from smooshing the mosquitoes hahaaa so yeah looks like I have war wounds.

at the end of the run from bemis to fox run we had to walk up a huge hill to the rd by the darling inn- gorgeous place to stay.  I was so exhausted, darin offered to bike up to get the car. aww honey!!!  so i sat and videotaped around the area.  Then I got up and peddled up a bit about 3/4 mile and met him in the car.

We went to village sports shop to get lubricant for the bike and told them about our excursion.  my blood was noticeable so told them its just killin bugs:) haha

Anyhow we rinsed off the mud from the bikes and readying them for the trip to stowe in the am to the bike path to hit it early.  That will be a LOT easier for us ! hahaa compared to the green/blue trails on Darling hill:)

For now- we are showered and resting and glad we did it and thinking we need an annual pass for the trails to do it again!!!

Karen n Darin


No comments:

Post a Comment